Meet the Leader:
"Geography underpins a lifelong "conversation" about the earth as the home of humankind."
The value of Geography within our Curriculum
Prestolee believes that developing a love for learning in Geography is crucial and we do this, by inspiring curiosity and providing children with the essential skills and knowledge to build upon and prepare them for the next stage, this in turn:
- stimulate pupils’ interest in their surroundings and in the variety of human and physical conditions on the earth’s surface;
- foster pupils’ sense of wonder at the beauty of the world surrounding them;
- help pupils develop an informed concern about the quality of the environment and the future of the human habitat;
- enhance pupils’ sense of responsibility for the care of the earth and its people and secure their commitment to promoting and living sustainable lifestyles;
- develop pupils’ skills of critical enquiry and an ability to handle and interpret information, through asking and answering geographical questions and using computing to communicate with and explore a variety of people, places and environments across the world;
- help pupils explore values and attitudes about complex issues such as sustainability and sustainable development;
- enable pupils to study the above across a range of places, cultures and environments at a variety of scales, from local to global;
- Foster a sense of understanding about how we are interconnected and interdependent with other people and ecosystems around the world.