We offer a wide range of exciting clubs for our pupils at Prestolee, we do this to enrich our school curriculum with the aim to provide cultural, social and physical opportunities alongside those that they learn during school hours. In doing this we aim for an effective syllabus with the aim that these experiences enable our children to achieve highly and that they then are equipped with the skills to take full advantage of opportunities, learning of new skills and responsibilities in their later lives.
Clubs at Prestolee
Our staff and external providers run clubs during and after school. We strive to provide a wide range of clubs; some run all year, some for specific sessions, some for a specific phase and some for particular year groups to meet the needs of all our children.
- Choir; run by Rachel Bradbury and is for children across KS1&KS2.
- Multi-Sports; run by Lewis from Bury FC Trust. This club is aimed at children in KS2 and is to promote teambuilding and sports/physical skills.
- Minecraft Club; run by Maria Temel from Bolton Schools ICT. This club is aimed at Year 3 pupils and the focus is to promote teamwork and problem solving to support our Computing curriculum.
- Dancing Feet; run by Carol Kirkpatrick. This club is aimed at children from Reception to Year 6 and is suitable for all ages.
- Keyboard club; run by Tristan Parrock. This club is aimed at KS2 children of all abilities.
- Recorder ensemble; run by Rachel Bradbury and Michael Hurst. The club is aimed at KS2 children but 1:1 tuition is also kindly provided.
- Book Club; run by Mrs Mailey. This club is aimed at Year 6 pupils. The focus of the club is to promote a love of reading and to further skills in Reading. The current book is; A Monster Calls.
- Craft Club; run by Mrs Lea. This club is currently open to Year 5 pupils to promote mindfulness and arts and crafts skills. This club will be accessible to other year groups throughout the year.
After School Club
This is a provision which parents pay for (Childcare Vouchers are accepted). It runs straight after school and closes at 6pm (during term-time when school is open). Parents need to pre-book this club – it does not cater for drop-ins, except in emergencies. The club includes a snack. Children may attend the clubs above and go to After School Club afterwards, if paid for and booked in. Please click below to view our Term Time Kids Club page.
Before School Club (Breakfast Club)
This is a provision which parents pay for (Childcare Vouchers are accepted). It is open from 7:45am daily (during term-time when school is open) and parents need to pre-book a place for their child. Please click below to view our Term Time Kids Club page.
Examples of our successful past clubs:
Musical Theatre Club run by Mrs Lea and Mrs Keane
The musical theatre club ran from February through to July and was open to children in Years 4-6. The aim of the club was to build up to an end of year show - Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat. Attendees of the club underwent an audition process to cast the show appropriately. Over the months building up to the show, we played drama games, received coaching from a high school drama teacher, Mrs Farnworth, and learnt the songs and lines from the show. The show was a huge success and the cast of the show were supported by the rest of KS2 in the form of a chorus. All pupils shone and the growth in confidence levels was wonderful to see!