Art & Design
Meet the Leader:
"Every human is an artist."
Don Miguel Ruiz
The value of Art within our Curriculum
Art provides educational benefits that other subjects cannot; it creates creative and visual thinkers. Art and Design fosters creativity, imagination and confidence: skills that are transferable to every other subject on the school curriculum, and critically, are indispensable in a wide array of jobs.
We are preparing our children for the future by giving them these skills:
- Imagination and creativity: Art allows children to explore and record their own creative and imaginative ideas. Children take their experiences and transform them through art.
- Expression: Art allows children to express their feelings and ideas as a means of self-expression. Children may use art as a therapeutic exercise, expressing their concerns or ideas.
- Visual thinking: Pictures encourage us to think about and understand the world visually, instead of restricting learning and knowledge to words and numbers alone. Visual thinking is a skill used in a wide variety of professions, including the sciences as well as the arts.
- Problem solving and analytical skills: With practice, our children will learn that concentration and persistence will allow them to create pictures in a similar style to artists. They will learn problem-solving skills when trying out new styles.
- Autonomy: A child’s at work is their own and has its own worth. It cannot be measured as right or wrong which gives the child the confidence to say what the picture is or represents.